Dec 202013
Leandro Damião Joins Doyen Sports, But Will Play for Santos

Leandro Damião has joined former Botafogo coach Oswaldo de Oliveira at Santos, in an £11m move from Internacional. The deal will see Doyen Sports Investments take 70% of 24-year-old striker’s financial rights, with Santos taking the remaining 30%. Damião is to be presented to the Santos fans as a marquee signing, possibly to ease the hurt suffered by the club after the departure of Neymar. However, should the striker live up to this billing and make a […]

Aug 312013
Henrique Joins Real Madrid On Loan From Botafogo

Real Madrid Castilla have announced the signing of Botafogo forward Henrique Almeida. He’ll join the Real Madrid reserve side on loan until the end of the season, at which time they’ll have the option to buy the player. The forward has struggled to make an impression at Botafogo as other strikers seem to be preferred by coach Oswaldo de Oliveira, so first team action has been hard to come by. The move to Madrid is a great […]

Aug 292013
Vitinho Set to Join CSKA Moscow For €10m

Vitinho’s career at Botafogo will be over before it’s even begun, as he looks set to join the current Russian Premier League champions CSKA Moscow, for a fee of ten million Euros. Vitinho burst onto the scene at Botafogo earlier this year, featuring in their victorious Carioca State Championship campaign and outshining Bruno Mendes as one of Botafogo’s most exciting young attacking talents. A quickness of mind, trickery, and willingness to have a go at […]

Aug 232013
£30m Too Much? For Willian It Was Really Nothing

Chelsea have beaten Liverpool and Tottenham to the signing of transfer listed Anzhi escapee Willian, as the player chose Stamford Bridge and the Champions League, over White Hart Lane and the Europe League. Willian will sign for the club next week once a work permit is secured. Spurs were ready to break their transfer fee for a third time this window, as Paulinho and Roberto Soldado recently edged out big names such as Luka Modric […]

Jan 272013
Philippe Coutinho signs for Liverpool

Pending a work permit, Philippe Coutinho will become Liverpool’s second signing of the 2013 January transfer window, but more importantly he’ll become Liverpool’s 5th ever Brazilian player and only the third outfield player to wear the famous red shirt. Early days at Vasco da Gama The signing of Coutinho has excited many Liverpool fans, but it has also been met with the usual scepticism from some quarters. This could be because there isn’t much to […]